Conway Solid Gold Athletic Scholarship
Each year Conway Solid Gold recognizes one senior male and one senior female athlete. The applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applications will only be accepted and considered from student athletes for whom Conway High School is their base.
- Scholarships will be awarded to one (1) outstanding female and one (1) outstanding male athlete per academic school year based on the following: (1) the athlete must have achieved at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4 point scale, (2) the athlete must have lettered in two sports for at least one season or in one sport for at least two seasons during high school, (3) outstanding citizenship and sportsmanship must have been exhibited through application information and recommendations, and (4) must have been a member of the Conway Crazies Student Booster Club for three (3) years.
- Each academic school year two scholarships will be awarded: one to a female student athlete and one to a male student athlete in an amount to be determined annually by the Board of Directors. The Athletic Director may serve on the selection committee.
- Scholarships are non-renewable and will be paid directly to the institution where the student will be entering college in the Fall either at a two-year junior college, a technical/community college, or a four-year college or university. Proof of acceptance by such institution is required prior to the Senior Awards Ceremony or scholarship will not be awarded.
- Two letters of recommendation should be submitted with application. One letter must be from a teacher, guidance counselor, or coach.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarships will be presented by Solid Gold at the school’s end of year/senior awards ceremony.
- Applications must be received (not postmarked) by April 15th.
Please submit completed applications to:
or Hand Deliver to the Conway High School Guidance Department
or Mail to:
Conway Solid Gold, Inc.
C/O CHS Athletic Department
2301 Church Street
Conway, SC 29526